70 Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023
The world’s leading cultural center, the Lincoln Center complex consists of the following organizations in the field of performing arts:
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- The Metropolitan Opera
- The New York City Ballet
- The New York Philharmonic
- The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts
- The School of American Ballet
- The Film Society of Lincoln Center
- The Lincoln Center Theater
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- The Julliard School
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
You can find the calendar of upcoming events and select the ones you might want to visit on the Lincoln Center website. You can also combine a visit to the performance with the tour around Lincoln Center: go backstage and visit the places where Luciano Pavarotti and Mikhail Baryshnikov performed. As they say in the Lincoln Center, you never know what might happen during the tour: you can go to a rehearsal, or meet a celebrity, or get directly to one of the stages of the complex. Tickets are $25, and it’s best to book a tour online. There is a short video on the site that gives an idea of the tour.