What are the places to visit in New York City? Or better put, how can I see as many places as possible during my visit? There are several options:
We recommend that your list of "must-do things in New York" (especially if this is your first visit) includes:
- get to the top of a skyscraper (Empire State Building or Top of the Rock)
- see the Statue of Liberty
- take a cruise on the Hudson along Manhattan skyscrapers
- visit the Museum of Modern Art, MoMA
- take a picture next to the Flatiron Building
- visit Times Square at night
- have a dinner in a restaurant with breathtaking view of New York (for example, “The View”)
- go to a Broadway musical, or it can be a Broadway or an Off Broadway performance with famous movie actors
- visit Apple Store next to Central Park and buy something for yourself or for friends who love Apple products
- spend a day shopping
- enjoy several restaurants with various cuisines - from Brazilian to Vietnamese
- visit a wine bar or a cigar lounge
- try local steak, sushi or oysters
- see Manhattan from a bird’s eye on a helicopter tour
Admission tickets to museums, helicopter tours, cruises, Broadway and Opera tickets and much more can be purchased online.
The most complete tour of the city and the one with the best value is a sightseeing tour on a double-decker bus. If purchased online in advance, it is $59 for a ticket that is valid for 48 hours and $64 for 72 hours. The main advantage of such tours is that you can get off at any stop, walk and explore the neighborhood, and in some time board the next bus of the same travel company and keep moving along the tour route.
You can see all of New York City and take stunning photos by day and night (the ticket price includes an evening tour of the city called ”the Night Loop”). Read the details and buy tickets online on our website.
Be your own travel guide
Exploring New York City on your own can turn into a great experience - you will have your own individual itinerary and there is no need to adjust to the schedules of a travel group or a tour. It is very simple to move around NYC, and there will be a plenty of impressions.